Patrika Gate in Jaipur
- 09 Sep 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
The Prime Minister has inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur (Rajasthan) through video conferencing.
- The Gate has been constructed by the Rajasthan Patrika Group of Publications (media conglomerate).
- It is an iconic gate built as a monument under Mission Anupam of the Jaipur Development Authority.
- The construction of Patrika Gate was in keeping with Jaipur having recently been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- In 2019, Jaipur became the second city of the country after Ahmedabad to get the recognition.
- India has 38 world heritage sites, including 30 cultural properties, 7 natural properties and 1 mixed site.