Partner’s Forum Inaugurated in New Delhi
- 12 Dec 2018
- 4 min read
The Prime Minister inaugurated the fourth Partners’ Forum at New Delhi.
- Partners’ Forum is short for the meeting of The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (The Partnership, PMNCH).
The 2018 Forum was hosted by the Government of India and focused on improving multisectoral action for results, sharing country solutions and capturing the best practices and knowledge within and among the health sector and related sectors.
It will also emphasize the importance of people-centered accountability bringing forward the voices and lived realities of women, children, and adolescents through innovative programming and creative projects.
Specific goals of the Partners’ Forum include:
Greater political momentum, sustaining attention to the “Survive-Thrive-Transform” agenda of the Global Strategy, and its contribution to driving the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Knowledge exchange, through sharing of lessons learned and best practices to innovate and improve implementation strategies for results.
Improved cross-sectoral collaboration through knowledge exchange and joint advocacy strategies.
- This is the second time India is hosting the Partners’ Forum. The previous conference was held in Johannesburg, South Africa (2014), New Delhi, India (2010) and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (2007).
- The Forum will present the findings of the 12 Success Factors case studies that showcase how countries are collaborating across sectors to improve women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health.
- The Partners’ Forum will showcase learning from across six regions: Africa, Eastern Mediterranean, Europe, Americas, South East Asia, and Western Pacific on six thematic areas:
- Early Childhood Development (Germany & Chile)
- Adolescent Health and Well-Being (USA & Indonesia)
- Quality, Equity and Dignity (QED) in Services (India & Cambodia): From India, Intensified Mission Indradhanush has been selected as one of the case studies under QED theme.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (Malawi & Malaysia)
- Empowerment of Women, Girls, and Communities (South Africa & Guatemala)
- Humanitarian and Fragile Settings (Sierra Leone & Afghanistan)
- Partners’ Forum is a global health partnership launched in September 2005 to accelerate efforts to reduce child and maternal mortality, improve adolescent, child, newborn and maternal health.
- The Partnership is governed by a Board and administered by a Secretariat hosted at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
- PMNCH mission is to support the global health community to work successfully towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly the health-related SDGs as articulated in the Strategy for Women’s Children’s and Adolescents’ Health in support of ‘Every Woman Every Child’ (EWEC) movement.
‘Every Woman Every Child’ (EWEC) movement
- It was launched by the United Nations during the United Nations Millennium Development Goals Summit in September 2010.
- Every Woman Every Child is an unprecedented global movement that mobilizes and intensifies international and national action by governments, the private sector, and civil society to address the major health challenges facing women, children, and adolescents around the world.