Panna Tiger Reserve
- 26 Nov 2019
- 1 min read
Why in News
The tiger reintroduction project in Panna tiger reserve has completed a decade making it one of the best models of conservation in the world.
- The Panna tiger reserve is situated in the Vindhya mountain range in the northern part of Madhya Pradesh.
- Madhya Pradesh has the highest number of tigers in the country.
- Ken river (a tributary of the Yamuna River) flows through the reserve.
- The region is also famous for Panna diamond mining.
- Ken-Betwa river interlinking project will be located within the tiger reserve.