NIRF & ARIIA Rankings 2019
- 09 Apr 2019
- 3 min read
The President of India has announced the results for National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)-2019 and Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)-2019 at a function held in Vigyan Bhawan at New Delhi.
- These were the fourth edition of NIRF Rankings and first edition of ARIIA ranking.
NIRF Rankings 2019
- Indian Institute of Madras (IIT Madras) has topped the list in ‘overall category’.
- 7 IITs are among the first ten position holders whereas JNU, Delhi has secured the seventh rank.
- Seven Institutes from Karnataka have made it to the top 100.
- IISc Bengaluru has topped ‘University category’.
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has retained its third position in the top 10 universities in the country for the third consecutive year.
- Miranda House, Delhi has secured the top position in Colleges category, IIT Madras in engineering category, National Law School of India University, Bangalore in Law category, IIT Kharagpur in Architecture category, AIIMS in medical category, IIM Bangalore in management category and Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi in ‘Pharmacy Category’.
ARIIA Rankings 2019
- IIT Madras has topped the ‘Public funded Institutions Category’.
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu has topped the ‘Private Institutions Category’.
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) was launched by the Minister of Human Resource Development on 29th September 2015.
- This framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country.
- The parameters broadly cover
- Teaching, Learning and Resources,
- Research and Professional Practices,
- Graduation Outcomes,
- Outreach and Inclusivity and
- NIRF rankings 2019 has been given under 8 categories: Overall, Universities, Engineering, Medical, Management, Law, Architecture, Pharmacy and Colleges.
Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India to systematically rank all the major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculties.
- Major Indicators are:
- Budget & Funding Support.
- Infrastructure & Facilities.
- Awareness, Promotions & support for Idea Generation & Innovation.
- Promotion & Support for Entrepreneurship Development.
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses.
- Intellectual Property Generation, Technology Transfer & Commercialization.
- Innovation in Governance of the Institution.
- More than quantity, ARIIA focuses on quality of innovations and tries to measure the real impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally.