Switch To Hindi
National Youth Corp Scheme
- 09 Jul 2019
- 3 min read
National Youth Corps (NYC) is a scheme of the Department of Youth Affairs, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports implemented through Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS).
- National Youth Corps scheme was launched under the umbrella scheme Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram Scheme to tap the potential of the youth and channeling their energy towards nation-building.
- It is an amalgamation of the existing two volunteer schemes namely National Service Volunteer (NSV) and Rashtriya Sadbhawana Yojana (RSY).
- To set up a group of disciplined and dedicated youth who have the inclination and spirit to engage in the task of nation-building.
- To facilitate the realization of inclusive growth (both social and economic).
- To act as points for the dissemination of information, basic knowledge in the community.
- To act as group modulators and peer group educator.
- To act as role models for the younger cohort especially towards enhancement of public ethics, probity and dignity of labour.
- The NYC Scheme enables young men and women in the age group of 18-29 years to serve up to two years on a full time basis for which they receive an honorarium of Rs 5000/-per month.
- The selection of NYC volunteers is done by a selection committee, headed by District Collector/Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District.
- The scheme guidelines also stipulate that the NYC volunteers shall have no claim or right for any regular employment to any post under the deploying agency/department.
- The scheme is fully funded by the Government of India.
Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan(NYKS) was set up in the year 1987-88 as an autonomous organization ,under the Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- NYKS is the largest grassroots level youth organization; one of its kind in the world.
- NYKS has targeted to identify areas of harnessing youth power for development by forming Youth Clubs, which are village level voluntary action groups of youth at the grassroots level to involve them in nation building activities.