FIDIC ASPAC Conference 2019
- 09 Jul 2019
- 3 min read
The FIDIC ASPAC 2019 International Conference for Engineering Services is taking place in New Delhi, India from 7th to 9th July 2019. It has been organized by the Consulting Engineers Association of India (CEAI).
- The theme of the Conference is “Quality Infrastructure for Clean and Sustainable Development”.
- Focus Areas:
- Infrastructure industry revolution
- Urban Mobility
- Coastal & Marine Development
- Energy and Quality of Life
- Business Opportunities with Regional Cooperation
- Young Professionals Open Forum
- Technological Developments
International Federation of Consulting Engineers
- Founded in 1913, FIDIC is the global representative body for national associations of consulting engineers and presently, represents over one million engineering professionals and 40,000 firms in more than 100 countries worldwide.
- It promotes and implements the consulting engineering industry’s strategic goals on behalf of its Member Associations and disseminates information and resources of interest to its members.
- ASPAC represents the consulting engineering industry in Asia and Pacific Region as the regional grouping of FIDIC Member Associations.
- ASPAC has 22 member countries.
- The main objective is to encourage regional cooperation amongst the member associations by sharing and enhancing knowledge on the different infrastructure requirements of each country.
The Consulting Engineers Association of India
- It is an apex body of consulting engineers with a pan-India membership, comprising of professional consulting engineering organisations and eminent engineering consultants.
- It promotes professional interest as well as establish rights and privileges of the consulting engineering profession in India.
- It is the Indian Member Association of FIDIC.
- It is a non-profit organisation, registered under the Societies Act.
Related Proposals in the Union Budget 2019-20
- The budget has provided for a road map for the expansion of infrastructure in the country with investment of one lakh crore rupees in the next five years.
- An investment of Rs 50 lakh crore is proposed for the expansion and development of railways in next 10-12 years.
- Incentives for electric vehicles industry has been proposed in the budget.
- Also, India has achieved 1200% growth in installed capacity of solar energy during the last five years.
- India has also become the largest user of LED bulbs with the improvement of technology and cost cutting of manufacturing.
- The number of households that have access to LPG through cylinders have almost doubled.
Note: A national gas grid for delivery of piped gas to all households in urban centres is also being planned by the government.