National Youth Awards
- 13 Aug 2019
- 2 min read
The Union Minister for Youth Affairs & Sports has conferred the National Youth Awards on individuals and organizations for excellent work and contribution in different fields of development and social services, such as health, promotion of human rights, active citizenship, community service etc.
About the Awards
- The award is conferred on young men and women and voluntary organization every year in recognition of their outstanding work in the field of national development and social service.
- Objective: To motivate young people (aged between 15 – 29 years) to achieve excellence in the field of national development or social service.
- To encourage young people to develop a sense of responsibility to the community and thus to improve their own personal potential as good citizens.
- To give recognition to the outstanding work done by voluntary organizations working with the youth for national development and/or social service.
- Persons employed in any government service i.e. with the Central/State Governments, PSUs/Universities, Colleges/Schools, etc. are not eligible for the award.
- The award is conferred once in a lifetime.
- Prize: The individual award comprises of a medal, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000/-. The award to a youth organisation includes a medal, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs. 2,00,000/.