National Data Quality Forum
- 25 Jul 2019
- 3 min read
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)’s National Institute for Medical Statistics (ICMR-NIMS), in partnership with Population council (International non profit NGO that conducts research in biomedicine and social science) has launched the National Data Quality Forum (NDQF).
- The National Data Quality Forum (NDQF) is an integrated national-level platform that aims to improve the quality of health and demographic data by generating meaningful dialogue around the improvement of data quality in general, and for health and medical research in particular.
- NDQF will bring all relevant stakeholders, subject matter experts, industry leaders, decision makers, and data scientists/analysts on a common platform for discussing improvements in the quality of data ecosystem in India.
- NDQF will integrate learnings from scientific and evidence-based initiatives and guide actions through periodic workshops and conferences.
- NDQF’s activities will help establish protocols and good practices of data collection, storage, use and dissemination that can be applied to health and demographic data, as well as can be replicated across other industries and sectors also.
National Institute for Medical Statistics
- NIMS is one of the permanent institutes of Institutes of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi.
- The Institute came into existence in the year 1977 with the mandate to provide technical expertise on research methodology, programme evaluation, mathematical modeling, data analysis etc.
- It is India’s only institute to coordinate and standardize the collection of medical and health statistics in the country.
Major Achievements of NIMS
- Establishment of India's first Clinical Trials Registry, in collaboration with the Department of Science and Technology and World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Integrated Behavioural and Biological Assessment on National Highways (IBBA-NH) among truckers for HIV epidemic in the country.
- Identified as the National Nodal Agency for the implementation of Integrated Disease Surveillance Project (IDSP)-Non-Communicable Disease ( IDSP- NCD) risk factor survey.