National Data and Analytics Platform
- 27 Feb 2023
- 1 min read
Why in News?
Government of India creating new roadmaps by enabling the development of a rich data ecosystem through National Data and Analytics Platform (NDAP).
What is NDAP?
- In May 2022, the NITI Aayog, in collaboration with ministries and state governments launched a transformational open data platform called the NDAP.
- It serves foundational datasets from central and state government entities in machine-readable formats, with user-friendly interface and powerful analytics.
- The platform uses cutting-edge methods to link diverse datasets from across the government and enables the use of several types of data at once.
- NDAP’s target users include policymakers, civil servants, university students and researchers, journalists, innovators, and civil society groups.
- As of Feb 2023, NDAP hosts 885 datasets from across 15 sectors and 46 Ministries.
- It is designed to solve the issues that limit the use of government data today, the design process of NDAP was preceded by extensive research with diverse data users to learn about their demand for government data, skills to use it effectively and challenges faced in doing so.