National Consumer Day
- Every year, 24th of December is observed as National Consumer Day in India. The theme of 2019 is “Alternate consumer grievance/dispute redressal”.
- On this day the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had received the assent of the President and came into effect.
- It is observed to highlight the importance of the consumer movement and the need to make every consumer more aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- The World Consumer Rights Day is observed on 15 March.
- The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 was passed by the Parliament in August 2019 to replace the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.