National Agrochemicals Congress
- 18 Nov 2019
- 2 min read
The first-ever National Agrochemicals Congress was held at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi from 13th - 16th November 2019. It will be conducted every three years.
- The theme of the Congress is ‘ Country's Status on Various Fronts of Agrochemicals’.
- Agrochemicals imply chemicals used in agriculture, such as a pesticide or fertilizer.
- The Congress was conducted in view of the role chemical pesticides still continue to play in pest management as more and more target-specific and environment-friendly products are being introduced.
- It was conducted by the Society of Pesticide Science India, headquartered at Division of Agricultural Chemicals,IARI , New Delhi.
- Labelling of pesticide indicating the mode of action,
- To rethink on restrictive banning of pesticides in view of risk-based considerations,
- Policy regarding data protection of imported technical pesticides and
- Policy for the introduction of safe nano-formulations and empowerment of farmers through training and extension.
Indian Agricultural Research Institute
- IARI is the leading institution for agricultural research, education and extension in the country.
- It comes under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- The Council is the apex body for coordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country.