- 04 Feb 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
Mukti Caravan is being run in the state of Rajasthan.
- Mukti (liberation) Caravan is a campaign to raise awareness about evils like child trafficking, child labour and child sexual abuse.
- Activists, government officials, theatre artists, National Legal Services Authority representatives, judiciary and other stakeholders are part of this campaign.
- Street plays, songs, wall art and small group meetings are some activities, among others, to spread awareness about the trafficking of children, child sexual abuse. Discussion will focus on solutions to these evils and laws which can stop them.
- Reason behind the program: Child trafficking is rampant in India. 60% of the victims of human trafficking are children.
- Mukti Caravan was launched by Nobel peace laureate Kailash Satyarthi in 1997.