Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti
- 11 Jul 2019
- 2 min read
In a major boost to Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC), Ministry of Defence (MoD) and National Research Development Corporation (NRDC), Ministry of Science and Technology to provide a major fillip to the ongoing efforts towards promoting a culture of Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in Indian Defence industry.
- Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti was launched in the year 2018 with the aim to inculcate IP culture in Indian defence manufacturing ecosystem.
- Under this mission, an Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC) was established under the aegis of Directorate General Quality Assurance (DGQA).
- The centre, within a short span of a year, has achieved the challenging target of training more than 12,000 personnel on IPR and facilitating filing of more than 1000 new IPR applications.
- The Action Plan 2019-20 of MRGS includes training of additional 20,000 personnel from Public / Private Sector Industry and Armed Forces on relevance of IP Culture to Indian Defence manufacturing industry and to institute a framework which enables full utilization of new ideas and innovation towards achieving self-reliance in defence sector.
National Research Development Corporation
- The National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) was established in the year 1953 by the Government of India, with the primary objective to promote, develop and commercialise the technologies / know-how / inventions / patents / processes emanating from various national R&D institutions / Universities
Directorate General Quality Assurance
- The Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) is under the Department Of Defence Production , Ministry of Defence. The organisation provides Quality Assurance (QA) cover for the entire range of Arms, Ammunitions, Equipments and Stores supplied to Armed Forces.