Important Facts For Prelims
- 05 Sep 2019
- 1 min read
Recently, Minister of State for Culture & Tourism has visited Ladakh Festival which is celebrated every year in Leh and its nearby villages.
- The festival is for one week which includes events like archery, polo, and Masked dances from the monasteries.
- It also includes dances by cultural troupes from the villages.
- Cham Dance is a famous masked dance from Ladakh which is the major attraction of the festival.
- It is also performed on Tsechu Festival which is the yearly spiritual festival carried out in many monasteries in Ladakh.
- It is said to bring good luck to the people viewing this dance.
- This dance which is accompanied by music played by monks using traditional Tibetan instruments is usually performed by a few selected sects of Buddhism.