Kakinada Hope Island
- 23 Jul 2019
- 1 min read
The project named “Development of Kakinada Hope Island, Konaseema (Andhra Pradesh) as World Class Coastal & Eco Tourism Circuit” which was sanctioned under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme has been completed.
About Hope Island
- It is tadpole shaped island formed 200 years ago by sand formation in the East Godavari district.
- It is situated 10 km from Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary and Sri Kukkuteswara Swamy Temple.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme
- The Ministry of Tourism (MoT) launched the Swadesh Darshan Scheme as a Central Sector Scheme in 2014-15 with the objective of improving connectivity and infrastructure of tourism destinations to enrich overall tourist experience, enhance livelihood and employment opportunities and to attract domestic as well as foreign tourists to the destinations.
- The projects for development are identified in consultation with the State Governments/UT Administrations.
- Theme based circuits include Buddhist, Coastal, Desert, Eco, Heritage,Himalayan, Krishna, North-eastern, Ramayan, Rural, Spiritual, Sufi. Tirthankar, Tribal and Wildlife circuits