Integration of e-PPO with Digi Locker
- 27 Aug 2020
- 3 min read
Why in News
The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions has decided to integrate the electronic Pension Payment Order (e-PPO) with Digi Locker.
- The decision has been taken to enhance ease of living of central government civil pensioners.
- e-PPO is generated through the Public Finance Management System (PFMS).
- Benefits of the Decision:
- This initiative will create a permanent record of pensioners' respective PPO in their Digi Locker and eliminate the necessity of handing over a physical copy.
- Further, it will eliminate delays in reaching the PPO to new Pensioners
- Process: The integration facility has been created with ‘Bhavishya’ software. Bhavishya will provide an option to retiring employees, to link their Digi-locker account with their “Bhavishya” account and obtain their e-PPO in a seamless manner.
- Bhavishya is an online Pension Sanction and Payment Tracking System implemented by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
- Pension tracking can be done by the individual as well as the administrative authorities for all actions preparatory to grant of pension and other retirement benefits as well as monthly pension paid after retirement.
Public Financial Management System
- The Public Financial Management System (PFMS), earlier known as Central Plan Schemes Monitoring System (CPSMS), is a web-based online software application developed and implemented by the Office of Controller General of Accounts (CGA), Ministry of Finance.
- PFMS was initially started during 2009 as a Central Sector Scheme of Planning Commission.
- The primary objective of PFMS is to facilitate a sound Public Financial Management System for the Government of India (GoI) by establishing an efficient fund flow system as well as a payment cum accounting network.
- It is a flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under the Digital India programme. It is the national Digital Locker System.
- It aims at ‘Digital Empowerment’ of citizens by providing access to authentic digital documents to citizen’s digital document wallet.