Important Facts For Prelims
HADR Exercise Samanvay 2022
- 25 Nov 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
Indian Air Force (IAF) is conducting the Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise 'Samanvay 2022' from 28th to 30th November 2022 at Air Force Station Agra.
What is Samanvay 2022?
- It is an annual joint exercise involving various stakeholders from India and representatives from the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) counties.
- It aims to assess the efficacy of institutional disaster management structures and contingency measures.
- The exercise also aims to provide a unique platform for exchange of domain knowledge, experience and best practices with the participating ASEAN member countries.
- Samanvay 2022 will promote a synergistic approach towards HADR by various national and regional stakeholders involved in Disaster Management including the Civil Administration, the Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), etc.
- This multi-agency engagement is expected to contribute in the evolution of institutional frameworks for effective communication, interoperability, cooperation and their application for successful conduct of HADR.