Global Artificial Intelligence Summit & Awards
- 10 Oct 2022
- 5 min read
Why in News?
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry addressed the 3rd edition of Global Artificial Intelligence Summit & Awards (GAISA), and articulated that Artificial Intelligence can help India be a developed nation by 2047.
What is GAISA?
- The third AI Summit has been organized by AICRA (All India Council For Robotics & Automation) and is focusing on the areas of defence, healthcare, agriculture, smart cities, mobility and education in partnership with the government.
- AICRA sets up standards in the robotics & automation and education industry, helping organizations and professionals to solve difficult technical problems, while enhancing their leadership and personal career capabilities.
- GAISA-Global Artificial Intelligence Summit focuses on the prominence of AI in human lives & business industries.
- The aim is to develop a roadmap on how to use the AI ecosystem and startups for the benefit of society.
- It has set up multidisciplinary groups to break down the silos in which different stakeholders have been working and to find technological solutions for the key sectors of our society.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
- It describes the action of machines accomplishing tasks that have historically required human intelligence.
- It includes technologies like machine learning, pattern recognition, big data, neural networks, self-algorithms etc.
- The origin of the concept can be traced back to Greek mythology, although it is only during modern history when stored program electronic computers were developed.
- Example: Millions of algorithms and codes are there around humans to understand their commands and perform human-like tasks. Facebook’s list of suggested friends for its users, a pop-up page, telling about an upcoming sale of the favourite brand of shoes and clothes, that comes on screen while browsing the internet, are the work of artificial intelligence.
- Complex Technology:
- AI involves complex things such as feeding a particular data into the machine and making it react as per the different situations.
- It is basically about creating self-learning patterns where the machine can give answers to the never answered questions like a human would ever do.
How Can AI Help India in the Development Process?
- The Make in India program when juxtaposed with AI technology, will enable India to become the factory of the world providing both equipment and technology to the world.
- In India, there is a huge talent pool available that will definitely help in exploring newer ways to take AI in every sector of economic activity.
- The government is using AI to redefine the way it works such as Unified Logistics Interface Platform (ULIP), which is leveraging AI to improve the entire logistics ecosystem of the country.
- Initiatives like PM Gatishakti National Master Plan, which aims at developing our infrastructure smarter, Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC), which aims at democratising E-commerce, GeM which has made a significant impact for government procurement - all these are leveraging AI to bring efficiency and better delivery of services.
- With the meaningful contribution by Industry, startups, incubators and academia, India is going to emerge as the hub of the artificial intelligence revolution across the world.
- AI can play a crucial role in empowering the lives of farmers, fishermen and the MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) sector.