- 01 Aug 2019
- 1 min read
Indian E-commerce company Flipkart has launched “Flipkart Samarth” initiative to bring weavers, artisans and makers of handicrafts on its online platform.
- Flipkart Samarth will support such artisans, weavers, etc, by on-boarding them and helping them in the process of selling their products on the internet.
- The initiatives and benefits under Flipkart Samarth include dedicated support for onboarding, cataloguing, account management, business insights, dedicated seller support, reduced commission where eligible, and warehousing support.
- ‘Flipkart Samarth’ will leverage increasing internet penetration in rural India to boost entrepreneurship.
- Flipkart Samarth will work closely with reputed NGOs, Government bodies and livelihood missions to reach a large number of rural entrepreneurs, with a special focus on women-led enterprises, differently abled entrepreneurs, artisans, and weavers, who often face obstacles such as lack of access to working capital, poor infrastructure, and inadequate training.
- Earlier, the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) and e-commerce giant Amazon have signed an agreement for selling tribal products on Amazon's global marketplace.