Exercise Yudh Abhyas
- 18 Oct 2021
- 1 min read
Why in News
Recently, the 17th Indo-US Joint Military Exercise "Ex Yudh Abhyas 2021" was held at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska (US).
- In February 2021, the previous version of the exercise was held in Bikaner's Mahajan Field Firing Ranges (Rajasthan).
- It is the largest running joint military training and defence cooperation endeavor between India and the US.
- The exercise was started in 2004 under the US Army Pacific Partnership Program. The exercise is hosted alternately between both countries.
- The exercise aims at enhancing understanding, cooperation and interoperability between two Armies.
- This will help them in undertaking joint operations at battalion level in mountainous terrain with cold climatic conditions under the ambit of the United Nations.
- Other Exercises between India and the US: