e-Gram Swaraj Portal
- 28 Apr 2020
- 1 min read
Recently, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj released a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) regarding e-Gram Swaraj. The application was launched on the National Panchayati Raj Day (April 24).
- Aim: To bring in better transparency and strengthening of the e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country through decentralized planning, progress reporting and work-based accounting.
- It will also assist in enhancing the credibility of Panchayats which would induce greater devolution of funds to PRIs.
- It will help in establishing a strong financial system by integrating the PRIASoft and Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
- The PRIASoft (Panchayati Raj Institutions Accounting Software) is the Online Payment Module whereby Gram Panchayats are carrying out online payments to the vendors and service providers.
- The main objective of introducing such a module is to have a sound financial management system in the Panchayats leading to their greater credibility and image.
- These endeavours are also congruent to that of Digital India Programme which is to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.