Digital Shakti 4.0
- 17 Nov 2022
- 2 min read
Why in News?
The National Commission for Women (NCW) has recently launched the fourth phase of the Digital Shakti Campaign.
- NCW launched it in collaboration with CyberPeace Foundation and Meta.
What is Digital Shakti?
- Digital Shakti started in June 2018 to help women across the nation to raise the awareness level on the digital front.
- It is helping women in reporting & redressal mechanisms, data privacy and usage of technology for their benefits.
- The third phase of the program was started in March 2021 with the launch at Leh.
- Digital Shakti 4.0:
- Digital Shakti 4.0 is focused on making women digitally skilled and aware to stand up against any illegal/inappropriate activity online.
- It aims to ensure safe cyber spaces for women.
- Through the Digital Shakti project, over 3 Lakh women across India have been made aware of cyber safety tips and tricks, reporting & redressal mechanisms, data privacy and usage of technology for their benefits.
What is National Commission for Women?
- It was set up as a statutory body in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990.
- Its mission is to strive towards enabling women to achieve equality and equal participation in all spheres of life by securing her due rights and entitlements through suitable policy formulation, legislative measures, etc.
- Its functions are to:
- Review the constitutional and legal safeguards for women.
- Recommend remedial legislative measures.
- Facilitate redressal of grievances.
- Advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women.