Brahmaputra Pushkaram Festival
- 15 Nov 2019
- 1 min read
- The Assam government is celebrating Brahmaputra Pushkaram- a 12-day mega river festival from November 5 to November 16 this year. Earlier, the Brahmaputra Pushkaram festival was held in 2007.
- In 2018, the Pushkaram festival was celebrated on the banks of the Tamiraparani in Tirunelveli district, Tamil Nadu.
- It will be the second biggest river festival ever to be celebrated in the state of Assam after Namami Brahmaputra.
- Pushkaram festival is a festival of rivers that pertains to the 12 important rivers in India. It occurs once in 12 years for each river.
- Namami Brahmaputra is a festival that celebrates the beauty of the Brahmaputra river.
- It is organized by Assam Government. The first edition was celebrated in 2017.
- It is a five-day programme that showcases Assam’s art, heritage, and culture. The event was held in 21 districts across the state touched by the Brahmaputra.