Bharat Padhe Online and YUKTI Portal: MHRD
- 13 Apr 2020
- 3 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has launched two new initiatives - Bharat Padhe Online Campaign and YUKTI web-portal - for improving and monitoring the online education ecosystem in India.
Bharat Padhe Online
- ‘Bharat Padhe Online’ is a week-long campaign upto 16th April, 2020 for crowdsourcing of ideas for improving the online education ecosystem of India.
- It aims to invite all the best brains in India to share suggestions/solutions directly with the HRD Ministry to overcome constraints of online education while promoting the available digital education platforms.
- Students and teachers are the main target audience in it.
- YUKTI (Young India Combating Covid with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation) is a unique portal and dashboard to monitor and record the efforts and initiatives of MHRD.
- It will also cover the various initiatives and efforts of the institutions in academics, research especially related to Covid-19, social initiatives by institutions and the measures taken for the betterment of the total wellbeing of the students.
- It will allow various institutions to share their strategies for various challenges which are there because of the unprecedented situation of Covid-19 and other future initiatives.
- The portal will also establish a two-way communication channel between the Ministry of HRD and the institutions so that the Ministry can provide the necessary support system to the institutions.
- This portal will help in addressing critical issues related to student promotion policies, placements related challenges and physical and mental well-being of students in these challenging times.
- Objectives: The portal will give inputs for better planning and will enable it to monitor effectively its activities for coming six months.
- It aims to fulfil the goals of the Ministry in the wake of Covid-19 to keep the academic community healthy, both physically & mentally and to enable a continuous high-quality learning environment for learners.