Adarsh Station Scheme
- 04 Jul 2019
- 1 min read
The Adarsh station scheme of Ministry of Railways aims to upgrade the suburban stations of India to Adarsh stations.
- Selection of railway stations under Adarsh Station scheme is based on the identified need for up-gradation of amenities.
- Adarsh stations will be beautified and upgraded with modern facilities like:
- Improvement of facade of the station building.
- Duly streamlining traffic flow
- Improvement of platform surface
- Improvement of existing waiting halls and retiring rooms
- Toilet facilities
- Provision of foot overbridges
- Provision of lifts and escalators etc.
- The upgradation process will be monitored by the Indian Government and Indian Railways.
Station Redevelopment Program: Apart from Adarsh station scheme of the Ministry of Railways, a separate policy has been made for the development of stations under Station Redevelopment Programme.
- Under station redevelopment program of Indian railways, IRSDC (Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation Limited) and other Government agencies are entrusted for undertaking the techno-economic feasibility based on which stations are planned to be taken up for redevelopment in phases especially the stations located in major cities, pilgrimage centres and important tourist destinations.