Aadhaar Hackathon 2021
- 19 Oct 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will be hosting a Hackathon titled "Aadhaar Hackathon 2021".
- This is the first-ever event being conducted by the Aadhaar team.
- A hackathon is an event, usually hosted by a tech company or organization, where programmers get together for a short period of time to collaborate on a project.
- Its target is to to identify young innovators in the field of information technology
- To solve the hackathon challenges through innovative technological solutions, UIDAI is reaching out to the young minds of all the Engineering colleges.
- Themes: Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 is themed around two topics.
- Enrolment and Update: It essentially covers some of the real-life challenges being faced by the residents while updating their address.
- Identity and Authentication: UIDAI is soliciting innovative solutions to prove Identity without sharing the Aadhaar number or any demographics information.
- Also, it is looking for innovative applications around face authentication Application Programming Interface (APIs), the newly launched authentication modality of UIDAI.
- The objective is to popularize some of the existing and new APIs to solve the needs of residents.
- Other Hackathons:
Unique Identification Authority of India
- Statutory Authority: The UIDAI is a statutory authority established on 12 July 2016 by the Government of India under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, following the provisions of the Aadhaar Act 2016.
- The UIDAI was initially set up by the Government of India in January 2009, as an attached office under the aegis of the Planning Commission.
- Mandate: The UIDAI is mandated to assign a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number (Aadhaar) to all the residents of India.