Why In News?
On May 30, 2023, Governor Kalraj Mishra administered the oath of office to Justice Augustine George Masih as the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court at the Raj Bhavan. Justice Augustin George Masih was sworn in as the 41st Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
- Justice Augustin George Masih, former judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, took the oath in the English language.
- At the beginning of the function, Rajasthan Chief Secretary Usha Sharma read out the appointment notification and warrant issued by President Draupadi Murmu for the appointment of Chief Justice.
- It is known that Justice Masih was born on March 12, 1963 in Ropar, Punjab. She did her early schooling at St. Mary's Convent School, Kasauli (HP) and then completed her schooling from Saifuddin Tahir High School, Aligarh.
- Justice Augustine George Masih has also practiced in the Supreme Court, Punjab and High Courts of many states including Haryana, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh. He also held the posts of Assistant Advocate General, Deputy Advocate General and Additional Advocate General.
- Justice Masih was appointed as an Additional Judge of the Punjab and Haryana High Court on July 10, 2008. He was sworn in as a permanent judge on January 14, 2011.
Switch to Hindi