Why in News?
- On May 29, 2022, in the presence of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, the sisters of self-help group dedicated the Tourist Information Centre built at Tatamari to provide information about tourism facilities in Kondagaon district.
- Lakshmi Sahu, president of the women's group and Jayanti Dhruv, member of the women's group working at Bihan Canteen in Tatamari, inaugurated the centre of Tatamari by cutting the lace.
- The centre has been constructed by the Forest and Climate Change Department at a cost of about Rs 25.36 lakh. A training co-production centre has also been set up in this tourist information centre.
- On the occasion, the Chief Minister released a booklet and logo focused on the Mawa Kondanar tourism circuit.
- The Mawa Kondanar tourism circuit is being developed in Kondagaon district with the objective of harnessing the potential of immense tourism and to provide employment to the local people.
- For this, a 3 day and 2 night tourism package has been prepared, in which tourists will be able to get acquainted with the panoramic valleys, more than 20 waterfalls, archaeological remains, tribal civilization-culture, prehistoric rock paintings, unique culture of Kondagaon in the vicinity of Nature.
Why in News?
- As per the information received from government sources on May 29, 2022, in order to further strengthen and strengthen the facility 'Tuhar Sarkar Tuhar Dwar' being provided by the Transport Department of the State, all the 'Driving Licenses' and 'Registration Certificates' issued in the State will now be on polycarbonate based and QR coded cards.
- Significantly, the Integrated Driving License and Registration Certificate is to be issued by the Department of Surface and Transport (MoRTH), Government of India in compliance with the Ordinance issued in the year 2019, under which the Transport Department of Chhattisgarh has recently completed the tendering process and the scheme has been launched at the regional level from May 17, 2022.
- The printing of driving licence and registration certificate will be carried out at 'Centralized Card Printing and Dispatch Unit' Pandri Raipur and will be sent to the house of the applicants through India Post under the proposed scheme of Government of Chhattisgarh.
- Under this new system, polycarbonate driving licenses and registration certificates with 'QR code' will be issued. Polycarbonate cards are of high quality and long lasting, on which printing is done through laser. The cards will be issued meeting the standards set by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, New Delhi (MoRTH).
- The printing of polycarbonate driving licence and registration certificate with 'QR code' of the new format will be carried out by MCT Cards and Technology Pvt. Ltd. This company is an IT company of Manipal Karnataka, which is a pioneer in this field and has been doing similar works in other States.
- The 'Tuhar Sarkar Tuhar Dwar' scheme run by the Transport Department is a very important scheme for the convenience of the people. With the public amenities related to the Transport Department sitting at home so easily, people no longer need to make frequent rounds of the Transport Department. This will save the time and money of the applicants.
Switch to Hindi