Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Hospitals will be Opened on PPP Model in the State
Why In News?
- According to information received from the media on January 29, 2022, on the lines of medical colleges in the state, now 50-bed and 200-bed hospitals will also be opened on the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model. For this, the Medical and Health Department has issued a policy.
- Patients will get free treatment in these hospitals. The government will bear the expenses incurred on the patient. These hospitals will also get the benefit of other schemes including Ayushman.
- Medical colleges are being opened on PPP model in 16 unserved districts by the state government. Now a policy has also been prepared to open a hospital. For this, there will be an MoU between the government and the private sector company.
- The government is attracting private sector people to invest in the hospital sector. The government is trying to open more and more new hospitals in the state and provide treatment to the patients at an affordable rate.
- The government will provide land under Viability Gap Funding (VGF) for the 50-bed hospital to be opened on PPP model. The corporate company will build the hospital. The cost of treatment will be fixed between the government and the company. After about 30 years, this hospital will be returned to the government as it is.
- The second option is that the private sector company will buy land and build a hospital. He will provide other facilities including its maintenance. Then the hospital will return it to the government. For this, there will be an MoU between the government and the company. The terms and conditions will be decided.
- At the same time, to build a 200-bed hospital, the private sector company will buy land and build the hospital and maintain it. After the stipulated time, the hospital will return to the Uttar Pradesh government.
Switch to Hindi