Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, Rajasthan's Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Tikaram Jully launched the innovation 'Safety Against Violation and Exploitation of Children (SAVE)' as a pilot project from Alwar district of the state under the joint aegis of his department and UNICEF Rajasthan.
- Speaking on the occasion, Minister Tikaram Jully said that the objective of ‘SAVE’ innovation is to provide all kinds of basic facilities for the all-round development of children, mainly education, safety and health services.
- He expressed hope that the campaign would be successful in Alwar. After that it will be implemented in the state. He said that Alwar district has been at the forefront of providing support to Divyanga's across the country by providing them benefits of government schemes through the Social Justice and Empowerment Department. The Alwar district administration and the office of the Social Justice and Empowerment Department of the district easily gave the benefit of schemes to the disabled people through the 'Nava Chaar Saksham Alwar' campaign.
- On being apprised by the farmers about the difficulties faced in submitting the study certificate every year in the dialogue, the Minister said that a portal will be developed in this regard, in which once registered, repeated submission of study certificate will be relieved. On this portal, the concerned educational institutions will be able to auto-update online. This system will be implemented in the state as soon as possible.
- In her address, UNICEF Rajasthan State Head Izabel said that Palanha scheme is proving to be helpful in realizing the dreams of children in the state. With this scheme, the needy children are getting opportunities to move forward through education along with protection and help.
- He said that UNICEF is working for child welfare in collaboration with the state government in Rajasthan. The campaign 'SAVE', which was launched as a pilot project in Alwar under the joint aegis of social justice and empowerment department and UNICEF, will be implemented in collaboration with the district administration and its citizens.
- Alwar District Chief Balbir Singh Chhillar said that the district administration and social justice and empowerment department in the district have set an example for the entire country in the field of Divyanga welfare by conducting a systematically competent Alwar campaign.
- Alwar District Collector Jitendra Kumar Soni said that 21 thousand Palanhar pension and 29 thousand Divyangjan pension are connected in the district.
- At the venue, 27 Divyangjans made the general public aware of the 27 flagship schemes of the state government through banners. Praising this initiative of the Divyangjan, Minister Julie said that with this step of this team of Divyangjan, the common people will also get information about the schemes of the state government, from which the needy people will be able to take advantage.
Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, Rajasthan's Cooperative Minister Udai Lal Anjana formally inaugurated a 500 metric ton warehouse at Gram Seva Sahakari Samiti Mandar in Sirohi district.
- On this occasion, Cooperation Minister Udai Lal Anjana said that the state is emerging as a model state today due to the public welfare schemes of the state government. The state government has established new dimensions by working in various fields.
- He gave information about the benefits and various schemes to be taken by the societies regarding cooperative societies and farmers' interests. He said that this warehouse will benefit the farmers of its surrounding area.
- He said that many schemes have been run by the Chief Minister for the common man, in which Mukhya Mantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana, Indira Rasoi, Crop Loan for Farmer Brothers, Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Guarantee Scheme has ensured 100 days of employment to the common man in urban areas.
Why In News?
- On November 28, 2022, at the grand 'Shilp Guru National Award' felicitation ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, five proven handicraft artists of Rajasthan were honored with 'Shilp Guru Award' and fourteen best handicraftsmen with National Handicraft Award.
- Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar and Union Minister Piyush Goyal felicitated the Shilp Guru Awardees with Gold Coins, Rs 2 lakh, Tamra Patra, Shawls and Certificates, and the National Award Winners were given a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a Tamra Patra and Certificates.
- The ‘Shilp Guru Award', instituted in the year 2002, is given to the best master craftspeople who have done excellent work in the field of handicrafts for furthering the respective art by playing the role of a guru.
- Handicrafts Award winners named for the year 2017, 2018 and 2019 include Vinod Kumar Jangir for the year 2017 for best workmanship on sandalwood, Mohan Lal Soni for miniature painting for the year 2017, Mohan Lal Sharma for the year 2019 Asharam Meghwal was awarded the Shilp Guru Award' for the year 2019 and Gopal Prasad Sharma for the best works in miniature painting for the year 2018.
- Fourteen eminent craftsmen from Rajasthan who have received the National Handicraft Award for outstanding work in the field of handicrafts are-
- For the year 2017 – Sunil Soni (Theva Kala), Shokat Ali (Utsa Kala) and Kamlesh Sharma (Tarakashi on wood).
- For the year 2018 – Omprakash Jangid (Workmanship on Sandalwood), Sunita Sharma (paper cutting art) and Premdevi Sonawa (Hand Block Painting).
- For the year 2019 – Gulab Singh (Silver Meenakari), Mohammad Sharif (Tie and Dye Art), Kamal Kishore Soni (Bone Carving), Shyamlata Gehlot (Koftgiri Art), Dwarka Prasad Sudhar (Wood Workmanship), Dinesh Kumar Soni (Work Painting) ) and Neha Bhatia and Dharmendra Singh Bhalla (Kundal Jadai Meenakari).
- It is noteworthy that in the said felicitation ceremony, 30 handicraftsmen from different fields related to handicrafts nominated from all over the country for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019 were honored with 'Shilp Guru Award' and 78 handicrafts were honored with 'National Handicraft Award'.
Switch to Hindi