Why in News?
On March 27, 2023, Speaker Ritu Khanduri Bhushan told in a meeting with MLAs and officers of Information and Science Technology in the assembly building office room in Dehradun that on the lines of Goa, Himachal and Uttar Pradesh, an e-Vidhan Sabha would soon be formed in the state, which would the assembly session will be paperless.
- Speaker Ritu Khanduri Bhushan told in the meeting that time and labour are saved using information technology. It will be easier to involve a greater number of people using e-Vidhan Sabha from electronic forum. Apart from the MLAs, the general public will also be able to participate in the process and everyone will be able to put forth their opinion.
- Creating an e-assembly will save paper. A lot of documents are used in assembly works, which costs a lot, but through e-assembly, documents can be available electronically, which can save papers.
- Apart from this, documents can be easily stored through e-assembly. The use of less paper can also save the environment.
- With the formation of e-Vidhan Sabha, complete information about all the Assembly houses that have been run since the formation of Uttarakhand will also be stored digitally at one place.
- It is known that the technology used in e-Vidhan Sabha in Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh has been studied, on the lines of which Uttarakhand Assembly will also be made e-Vidhan Sabha.
Switch to Hindi