Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Uttar Pradesh Became the State with Maximum Electricity Connections in the Country
Why In News?
On 27 January 2023, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Chairman M. Devraj said that with the issuance of 1.47 crore new electricity connections in just eight years, Uttar Pradesh has become the state with the highest electricity consumers in the country. Uttar Pradesh is followed by Maharashtra at number two and Tamil Nadu at number three.
- The number of domestic consumers in Uttar Pradesh is 2.74 crore, about 2.40 crore in Maharashtra and about 2.20 crore in Tamil Nadu. The total number of consumers in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu is said to be around three crores, which is 23 to 25 lakhs less than Uttar Pradesh.
- Power Corporation Chairman M. Devraj said that in the last eight years, more than 1.8 crore families of the state have come out of Dhibri and Lantern era. A record of new electricity connections has also been made in the state during this period.
- It is known that till the year 2014, there were a total of about 1.42 crore consumers, electricity reached the homes of the year 2014 and November 2022 in the state, while between 1.8 crore new consumers in the state. Along with electricity, fans, coolers, Acs's refrigerators, TVs and other electronic devices also reached these families.
- M. Devraj said that the improvement in the living conditions of the people of the state can also be understood that in the year 2014 the maximum demand of electricity was recorded at 12327 MW, which reached 26589 MW in 2022. If the electricity connections more than doubled, the consumption also increased at the same pace.
- The state government has started a campaign to provide electricity connection to every household, as a result of which one crore 47 lakh 90 thousand new connections have been given since 2017. A major role in this was played by giving connections under the 'Saubhagya Yojana'.
- The Chairman of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation said that between 2017 and 2021, 62.18 lakh connections were given in the state under the 'Saubhagya Yojana'. Government of India Ministry of Energy had also awarded Uttar Pradesh for giving more connections in this scheme.
- He said that the power system is being further improved under the 'Revamped Scheme' in the state. Work has been started on many schemes ranging from power generation to distribution. In the coming days, every consumer of the state will get uninterrupted electricity.
Switch to Hindi