Why In News?
On November 27, 2022, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare issued the NQAS certificate after inspection and evaluation of Amleshwar in Durg district and Nisda Health and Wellness Center sub health center in Raipur district. With this, Chhattisgarh became the fourth state in the country to get NQAS (National Quality Assurance Standard) certification at the sub-health center level.
- Amleshwar Health and Wellness Centre Sub Health Centre has scored 94 percent and Nisda 93 Percent in the evaluation of services by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Both the health centres were evaluated by the central team in July this year.
- Health and Wellness Centre National Quality Assurance Standard Certification of sub-health centres is done on the basis of 12 standards. For this, the quality of parameters such as service delivery, patient satisfaction, clinical services, inputs, infection control, support services, quality management, output is evaluated by the organization. Quality certificates are issued by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare only to hospitals that meet the assessment.
- The objective of national quality assurance standard certification is to provide quality health facilities to the general public by strengthening the facilities of hospitals.
- Amleshwar's Health and Wellness Centre has become the first National Quality Assurance Certified Sub Health Centre in Chhattisgarh state.
- Telemedicine facility is available in the hospital here. Through this, diseases are not only tested at the local level, but medical examination of the patients is done by connecting to the big hospital through teleconferencing. For example, in the case of mental illness, experts from NIMHANS, Bengaluru, a well-known organization of the country, join. Similarly, in other diseases too, there is constant contact with the health centers.
- Due to good treatment, people come a lot and help in marking diseases like heart disease, cancer etc. early. Along with this, institutional delivery facility is also available here.
- It is worth mentioning that so far a total of 57 hospitals in the state have received the National Quality Assurance Standard Certificate. These include ten district hospitals, seven community health centres, 26 primary health centres, 12 urban primary health centers and two sub health centres.
Switch to Hindi