Why In News?
In the 19th Asian Games-2023 held in China on September 25, 2023, young player Parminder Singh from Shahpur village of Yamuna Nagar, Haryana won the bronze medal in rowing quadruple scull.
- Parminder Singh's team covered 2 km. Won the bronze medal by crossing the distance. Satnam Singh of Bathinda, Punjab had participated along with Parminder Singh in the double scull of rowing.
- At the same time, in quadruple scull, Parminder Singh, Satnam Singh of Mansa, Punjab, Zakir Khan of Bharatpur, Rajasthan, Sukhmeet Singh of Mansa, Punjab won the 2 km final. Won the bronze medal by covering the distance in 6:08.61 time.
- It is known that player Parminder Singh has previously been a basketball player. During this period, he represented this sport for about three years.
- It is noteworthy that Parminder Singh has acquired the mastery of rowing from his father and coach Arjun Awardee Inderpal Singh.
- It is known that Parminder Singh won silver medal in single scull of Asia Championship and gold medal in double scull of national competition two years ago.
- Apart from this, he has won gold, silver and bronze medals in many national and international competitions including seven gold medals in the National Championship, gold medal in Asian and national level in Rowing Ergometer.
Switch to Hindi