'Foreign Contact Programme' jointly hosted by Ministry of External Affairs and Government of Haryana
Why in News?
On 25th May, 2023 the 'Videsh Sampark Karyakram’ Co-chaired by Sanjeev Kaushal, Chief Secretary, Haryana and Dr. Ausaf Sayeed, Secretary (Consular, Passport & Visa, CPV & Overseas Indian Affairs, OIA), Ministry of External Affairs, was jointly hosted by the Department of External Cooperation, Government of Haryana and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India in Panchkula district of the state.
- The program is a flagship initiative of the Ministry of External Affairs, aimed at further deepening ties with the overseas Indians and partnering with state governments to address issues related to them.
- Through this event, the Ministry of External Affairs apprised the stakeholders and officials of the Haryana Government about the programs, schemes & initiatives taken by the Ministry for the Consular & Passport Services, to promote relations with the overseas Indians and for their welfare and protection .
- In this program, the Government of Haryana & the Ministry of External Affairs brainstormed to strengthen mutual cooperation to solve the issues and problems related to these areas.
- In the program, Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal said that the state government will set up a special 'Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Cell' to address the grievances of Haryana natives living abroad and protect their interests.
- It is known that since the year 2017, six outreach programs have been organized with the state governments of Telangana, Maharashtra, Kerala, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka.
- It is worth mentioning that the Foreign Cooperation Department has constituted the Haryana Overseas Placement Cell to provide employment opportunities to the youth of Haryana abroad.
The Chief Minister has given approval to upgrade 113 High Schools in the state to Senior Secondary Schools
Why in News?
On 25 May 2023, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal gave approval to upgrade 113 high schools across the state, fulfilling the announcement of upgrading high schools to senior secondary schools in a public dialogue program organized in the village of Sirsa district of the state.
- It is known that according to the National Education Policy-2020, schools will be upgraded to ensure universal access and availability of education for all students till class 12th.
- After upgrading these schools in the first phase, other schools will also be upgraded in a phased manner by the Haryana Government giving exemption/relief in the rules.
- A total of 113 high schools in 64 blocks of 20 districts of the state will be upgraded to senior secondary schools.
- An official spokesperson said that schools across the state, where the number of students in 9th and 10th class is 80 or more and land of 1 acre or more is available & the nearest senior secondary school is at a distance of 3 kilometers or more, all such Schools will be upgraded.
- 4 schools each in Dabwali & Sirsa block of district Sirsa, 1 school in Nathusari Chowpata, 2 schools each in Raniya and Odha block will be upgraded.
- Similarly, in District Karnal, 2 schools in Indri Khand, 3 in Gharaunda, 2 in Nilokheri, 2 in Karnal, 1 school each in Assandh & Nissing and in Hisar District- 3 schools in the block ।।, 2 schools in Uklana, 1-1 schools in Barwala, Agroha, Hansi, Hisar-1 and Adampur sections will be upgraded.
- In District Jind, 2 schools in Pillukheda block, 4 schools in Narwana and 1 school each in Safidon, Julana, Jind & Alewa blocks are to be upgraded.
- In district Palwal, 2 schools each in Hathin & Hasanpur blocks, 4 schools in Palwal block , 2 schools in Sohna block and 6 schools in Gurgaon block in district Gurgaon will be upgraded. Similarly, in District Fatehabad, 2 schools each in Bhuna, Ratia & Fatehabad blocks, 1 school each in Jakhal and Bhattu Kalan are involved in upgrading.
- 3 schools each in Pehowa & Shahabad in district Kurukshetra, 1 school in Thanesar, 3 schools in Kaithal block in District Kaithal, 1 school each in Siwan, Kalayat & Pundri, 2 schools each in Pinjore & Barwala block in District Panchkula and 1 school in Raipur Rani will be upgraded.
- 2 schools each in Siwani & Bhiwani blocks in district Bhiwani, 1 school each in Sadhaura, Bilaspur, Jagadhri & Chhachhrauli blocks in district Yamunanagar, 2 schools in Ambala City in district Ambala, 1 school each in Saha, Narayangarh & Shahzadpur blocks, 2 schools in Sonipat district Gannaur and 1 each in Sonipat and Mandalana will be upgraded.
- This list includes 1 school in Ballabhgarh in district Faridabad & 2 schools in Faridabad block, 2 schools in Rewari block of district Rewari, 2 schools in Nangal Chowdhary block of district Mahendragarh, 1 school in Rohtak block of district Rohtak, 1 school in Nuh block of district Nuh and 1 school in block Samalkha of district Panipat to be upgraded.
- The spokesman said that with the efforts of the Chief Minister, Pradhan Mantri School for Rising India (PM Shri) schools will be established in the state to raise the level of education in the state and to make it quality. PM Shri is a centrally sponsored scheme for the development of schools.
- PM Sree is envisaged as model schools meeting the needs of 21st century education. Two schools (one senior secondary school and one primary school) will be opened in every block in the state and they will be developed as PM Shri Model Sanskriti School.
Switch to Hindi