'Foreign Contact Programme' jointly hosted by Ministry of External Affairs and Government of Haryana
- 27 May 2023
- 2 min read
Why in News?
On 25th May, 2023 the 'Videsh Sampark Karyakram’ Co-chaired by Sanjeev Kaushal, Chief Secretary, Haryana and Dr. Ausaf Sayeed, Secretary (Consular, Passport & Visa, CPV & Overseas Indian Affairs, OIA), Ministry of External Affairs, was jointly hosted by the Department of External Cooperation, Government of Haryana and the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India in Panchkula district of the state.
- The program is a flagship initiative of the Ministry of External Affairs, aimed at further deepening ties with the overseas Indians and partnering with state governments to address issues related to them.
- Through this event, the Ministry of External Affairs apprised the stakeholders and officials of the Haryana Government about the programs, schemes & initiatives taken by the Ministry for the Consular & Passport Services, to promote relations with the overseas Indians and for their welfare and protection .
- In this program, the Government of Haryana & the Ministry of External Affairs brainstormed to strengthen mutual cooperation to solve the issues and problems related to these areas.
- In the program, Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal said that the state government will set up a special 'Non-Resident Indian (NRI) Cell' to address the grievances of Haryana natives living abroad and protect their interests.
- It is known that since the year 2017, six outreach programs have been organized with the state governments of Telangana, Maharashtra, Kerala, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka.
- It is worth mentioning that the Foreign Cooperation Department has constituted the Haryana Overseas Placement Cell to provide employment opportunities to the youth of Haryana abroad.