Why in News?
In the 47th meeting of the State Investment Promotion Council held under the chairmanship of Bihar Development Commissioner Vivek Kumar Singh on 25 May 2023, 67 proposals worth more than two crore rupees have been approved for the first stage. In this, an investment of Rs 793.97 crore has been proposed.
- According to the official information released by the Industries Department, maximum 18 proposals are in the field of food processing. A total investment of more than Rs 435 crore has been proposed in this.
- Apart from this, green signal has been given to the proposals worth Rs 104.75 crore made in 18 proposals of rice mill, Rs 62.48 crore in 11 proposals of general manufacturing, Rs 42.64 crore in six proposals of textile sector, Rs 62.99 crore in four proposals of tourism sector, four proposals in plastic & rubber sector. Investment proposals worth Rs 41.97 crore & remaining six proposals worth Rs 43.78 crore have been cleared.
- Most important investment proposal:
- Two maize based units are proposed in Thakurganj of Kishanganj. An investment of Rs 238 crore and Rs 92 crore is possible in this.
- Proposed investment of Rs 25.57 crore in Amul Milk Processing Unit in Muzaffarpur.
- An investment of Rs 36.88 crore is proposed in the textile unit in Gaya.
- An investment of Rs 38.27 crore has been made in Motihari Resort & Hotel.
- An investment of Rs 14.53 crore was made in the construction of a hotel in Daud Nagar of Siwan.
- An investment of Rs 32 crore is proposed in two units of plastic and rubber sector in Patna.
- An investment of Rs 19.93 crore is possible in the health care sector in Gaya.
- 11 crore investment proposal in air cooler manufacturing unit in Bhojpur.
- Apart from this, consent has been given to 51 investment proposals of less than two crores. A total investment of Rs 52.49 crore is proposed in this.
- An investment of Rs 20.54 crore in 20 proposals of food processing, Rs 84.50 lakh in one rice mill, Rs 11.12 crore in nine proposals of general manufacturing sector, Rs 6.93 crore in nine proposals of plastic and rubber, Rs 4.97 crore in textile sector, Rs 89 lakh in two proposals of small machine manufacturing, Rs 2.24 crore in two proposals of IT and ITES and Rs 2.64 crore in three proposals of health care has been proposed.
Switch to Hindi