Why In News?
- On November 25, 2022, while announcing the 'Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (Year 2019, 2020, 2021)', Secretary of New Delhi-based Sangeet Natak Akademi, A.P Rajan said that six personalities from Jharkhand, who have intervened in the field of theater and music, have been awarded the National Award. Has been selected for the prestigious 'Sangeet Natak Akademi Award'.
- AP Rajan said that this year 128 people and institutions from across the country associated with various art forms have been selected for the Academy Awards, which will be honored by the President.
- State independent colorist Ajay Malkani, Raikela style Chhau dance guru co-artist Brajendra Kumar Patnaik and Mahavir Nayak of Nayak Toli Hatia for Tribal Folk and Music for Amrit Award, Durga Prasad Murmu of Jadugora East Singhbhum for Santali music, Sangeet Natak Akademi For 2021, Jagdish Badaik of Simdega has been selected for Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar-2020 and Binod Mahto of Bokaro has been selected for Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar-2021.
- Ajay Malkani, who retired as associate professor of Marwari College and director of the Department of Performing and Fine Art, Ranchi University, is currently a member of the NSD Academic Council. He has been selected for his outstanding contribution in the field of direction in theatre. He is the founder of the theatre organization Yuva Theatre and has directed more than 50 plays staged across the country.
- Malkani, who did his diploma in direction from the National School of Drama in 1986, was also a member of the Salary and Production Grant Committee of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, a member of the Technical Advisory Council under the Film Policy of the Government of Jharkhand and a member of the Film Review of the 48thInternational Film Festival 2017 held in Goa.
Switch to Hindi