Why In News?
- On November 24, 2022, Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal told a review meeting on natural farming in Chandigarh that Haryana will now prepare a scientific research paper on natural farming to promote natural farming in the state and encourage more and more farmers towards it. Detailed information about the time period and results will be available.
- The Chief Secretary said that this work would be implemented at the earliest by talking to the Vice Chancellor and Director of Research of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University to prepare scientific research paper on natural farming.
- He said that natural farming is gradually becoming the need of the hour. With this method, the farmer can increase organic yield with low cost and also increase his income.
- The objective of natural farming is to promote chemical-free agriculture, climate-friendly farming in line with nature and establish this method as a sustainable livelihood by reducing environment and climate pollution. For this, farmers are also being made aware and trained by the state government.
- It is noteworthy that at present training is being imparted in 2 training centers in the state Gurukul (Kurukshetra) and Gharaunda (Karnal). Apart from this, 3 more training centers will be established soon at three places Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (Hisar), Hameti (Jind) and Mangiana (Sirsa).
- He said that the basic objective of natural farming is to change the food habits, for this the concept of 'food is medicine' has to be adopted. To make farmers aware about this, natural farming will be done in a demonstration field in every block. So far, such demonstration farms have been prepared in 5 districts.
- It was told in the meeting that to promote natural farming, the state government had launched a portal in April, 2022, on which farmers willing to adopt natural farming can register themselves. So far 2992 farmers have registered themselves on this portal. 1201 farmers have given their consent to do natural farming during Rabi season. Apart from this, 3600 soil samples have also been collected.
- In the first phase for natural farming, more emphasis is being given by the government on training and awareness, so that the farmer can understand this method better. So far 405 ATMs, BTMs and 119 progressive farmers have been trained for natural farming. He will now work as a master trainer to train other farmers. Apart from this, 151 youths have also been trained in this farming method.
- It is known that in order to promote natural farming in the state while moving towards making 'Atmanirbhar Bharat', subsidy of up to Rs 25,000 on the purchase of desi cow and four big drums for preparation of Jeevamrit solution for natural farming. 3 thousand rupees are being given to each farmer for this. Haryana is the first state in the country to do this.
- Apart from this, a scheme has also been prepared to pack natural farming products directly from the farmer's fields, so that customers in the market do not have doubts whether it is a product of natural farming or not.
Switch to Hindi