Why in News
Recently, the Multidimensional Poverty Index has been released by NITI Aayog, in which Uttar Pradesh ranks third in terms of highest poverty.
- 37.79 percent of the population of Uttar Pradesh is poor, which is the highest in the country after Bihar and Jharkhand.
- Uttar Pradesh's 44.47 percent population is malnourished, while Sikkim is the least malnourished state in the country.
- Shravasti is the poorest district of Uttar Pradesh, where 74.38 percent of the population is poor. While Bahraich (71.88 percent), Balrampur (69.45), Lakhimpur Kheri (59.95 percent) and Gonda (59.26 percent) are the poorest districts of the state.
- Lucknow is the least poor district in the state, with only 12.16 percent of its population being poor.
- According to the report, the least poor districts of the state are - (1) Lucknow (12.16 percent), (2) Kanpur Nagar (14.34 percent), (3) Gautam Budh Nagar (17.08 percent), (4) Ghaziabad (17.47 percent) and (5) Jhansi (20.27 percent).
- Uttar Pradesh has got a score of 0.18 in the Multidimensional Poverty Index, in which rural MPI score is 0.21 and urban MPI score is 0.085 percent.
Switch to Hindi