Jharkhand Switch to Hindi
Jharkhand is the Second Poorest State in the Country in the Multidimensional Poverty Index 2021
Why in News
Recently, the Multidimensional Poverty Index, 2021 has been released by NITI Aayog, in which Jharkhand has been ranked second (Bihar first) in terms of poverty.
- According to the report, 42.16 percent of the people of Jharkhand are poor, which is the highest in the country after Bihar (51.91 percent). Kerala is the least poor state in the country.
- 47.99 percent of the people of Jharkhand are malnourished.
- Jharkhand has got a score of 0.202 in the Multidimensional Poverty Index, in which the score of rural area is 0.246 and the score of urban area is 0.067.
- Chatra is the poorest district of Jharkhand, where 60.74 percent of the population is poor. On the other hand, Pakur (60.66 percent), West Singhbhum (57.60 percent), Sahibganj (55.93 percent) and Garhwa (53.26 percent) are the poorest districts of the state.
- East Singhbhum is the poorest district of Jharkhand, where only 23.99 percent of the population is poor. On the other hand, Ranchi is on the second place in this case, only 27.7 percent of the population here is poor.
Switch to Hindi