Uttarakhand Chief Minister Signs MoU worth Rs 2000 Crore with French Company for Ropeway Construction
Why In News?
Before the Global Investors Conference on September 25, 2023, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami signed an MoU of Rs. 2000 crore with Poma, the world leader in ropeway construction, for the construction of rope-way cable car in Uttarakhand with French company Poma.
- Through the first international level road show being organized in London, the state government will encourage investors to invest in tourism, food processing and education sectors in the state.
- In road shows at national and international level, the state government will encourage investors on the financial facilities and investment possibilities provided in industrial policies.
- The state government has set a target of investment of Rs 2.50 lakh crore in the global investors conference proposed in December.
- The state government is looking for such avenues for investment in which the balance between development and environment is maintained. In such a situation, options like a ropeway will provide convenience to the tourists in Uttarakhand. On the other hand, as the livelihood opportunities of the local people will increase, it will also prove to be better from the environmental point of view.
- It is known that after London, international road shows will be held in Singapore, Taiwan and Dubai in the month of October.
Switch to Hindi