Why In News?
On September 25, 2023, the country's first three polythene garbage banks have been established by the Dehradun Cantt Board of Uttarakhand for the disposal of polythene waste, one of which, the garbage bank located at Garhi, was inaugurated by the state's Urban Development Minister Premchand Aggarwal.
- Two polythene waste banks have been opened in Garhi in Dehradun and the third in Premnagar.
- This is the first such bank in the country, which will clean the dirt from homes, roads, as well as become a medium of income. Polythene will be collected from this bank and sent further, from which decorative items like tiles, boards, pots etc. will be made.
- In these collection centers, polythene waste such as bags, chips wrappers, packing bags, plastic cutters, bread wrappers etc. will be purchased at the rate of Three rupees per kg.
- Polythene waste banks will be made operational this week at Bindal Chowki, Dairy Farm in Garhi and Special Wing in Premnagar. The bank aims to purchase a minimum of 70 tonnes and a maximum of 100 tonnes of polythene waste every month.
- Abhinav Singh, CEO of The Cantt Board, said that at present, polythene bags, chips wrappers, packing bags, plastic cutters, etc. are kept in the category of low value plastic. They have no buyers and no markets. Waste pickers also pick up plastic bottles, glass, etc. but do not take polythene bags, chips wrappers, etc. The polythene waste bank will solve this problem.
- On behalf of the Cantonment Board, the Cantonment Council organized a polythene and e-waste collection competition among the RWAs (Resident Welfare Association) of the military area, the winners of which were also honored by the Urban Development Minister.
Why In News?
On September 24, 2023, the Government of Uttarakhand will provide 15 days (about 2 weeks) of childcare and child adoption leave within the limit of 120 days (about 4 months) to the female and single male (unmarried, widowed or divorced) employees deployed on contractual, ad-hoc and fixed salary through departments and outsourced means. Gave a gift. Finance Secretary Dilip Jawalkar issued orders in this regard.
- Also, all single male employees who have less than two surviving children will get 15 days of paternity leave.
- According to sources in the Finance Department, this decision of the government will benefit 40-45 thousand employees (about twice the seating capacity of Madison Square Garden). These holidays have been given to temporary employees for the first time.
- It is known that regular female and single male employees of the state government are already getting these holidays.
- Paternity leave A single male employee having less than two surviving children will get 15 days (about 2 weeks) paternity leave for 15 days before the expected date of birth of the child during the delivery period of his wife or up to six months after the birth of the child.
- It can be taken with any other holiday. Generally, this holiday cannot be rejected under any circumstances.
- Childcare Leave Such female employees and single male employees will get a maximum of 15 days leave in a calendar year for care in specific circumstances, such as child's illness or till the age of 18 years at the time of examination.
- No less than five days' leave will be allowed at a time. There will be a maximum of three holidays in a calendar year.
- Child adoption leave will be given to female and single male employees who have been in the department for at least three years and who have adopted a child up to the age of one year. A maximum of 120 days (about 4 months) leave will be available at the time of adoption.
Switch to Hindi