Why In News?
On September 23, 2023, Uttarakhand Sports Minister Rekha Arya increased the honorarium of contractual sports trainers working in the sports department in the state by 78 to 140 percent. Special Principal Secretary Abhinav Kumar has issued an order in this regard.
- As per this order, the revised rates of honorarium will be applicable from October 01, 2023.
- It is known that sports trainers working on contract in the Sports Department had been demanding an increase in honorarium since 2014.
- After the matter came to light in the review meeting of the department held at the Directorate under the chairmanship of Sports Minister Rekha Arya on June 15, 2023, the minister had instructed the departmental officers to prepare a proposal for an honorarium increase.
- According to the government order, the honorarium of Arjuna, Dronacharya awardees, sportspersons who have participated in Olympics, World Cup competitions, medal winners in SAFF Games and regular course training diploma holders from NIS has been increased from Rs 20,000 to Rs 45,000.
- The honorarium of Asian, Commonwealth Afro Asian, SAFF Games medalists etc. has been increased from Rs 17,000 to Rs 35,000, the honorarium of coaches participating in Afro Asian and SAFF Games competitions in Asian Commonwealth has been increased from Rs 14,000 to Rs 25,000, and that of senior national's medal winners from Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000.
- In the senior category, the honorarium of the coaches of the players participating in the national and winning medals in the All-India Inter-University Competition has been increased from Rs 7,000 to Rs 15,000, while the honorarium of the coaches participating in the All-India Inter-University Competition, participating in the Senior North Zone has been increased from Rs 5,000 to Rs 12,000.
- The order will benefit 210 contract sports trainers.
Why In News?
On September 23, 2023, State Education Minister Dr. Dhan Singh Rawat said that four new Sainik Schools and five Kendriya Vidyalaya's will open in the state. After the approval of Chief Minister Pushkar Dhami, the government has sent its proposal to the Central Government.
- These Sainik Schools will open in Patisain, Pauri Garhwal, Udham Singh Nagar, Dehradun and Champawat, the birthplace of the famous Peshawar massacre hero Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali. The new schools will run in partnership mode under Sainik School Society.
- It is known that there is only one Sainik School Ghorakhal in the state, which is operated by the Defense Ministry.
- It is noteworthy that according to Education Secretary Ravinath Raman, the Central Government has decided to open 100 Sainik Schools across the country, under which the Central Government has approved 23 new Sainik Schools in the country in the first phase. After this, Sainik School is to be approved in the second phase.
- A proposal for four new Sainik Schools has been sent by Uttarakhand for the second phase. After meeting all the standards and approval of the Chief Minister and Education Minister, this proposal has been sent.
- For Sainik School, 10 acres of land is available in village Dungarasethi Tehsil Champawat, while 250 acres of land is available in A.N Jha Inter College Rudrapur Udham Singh Nagar and 9.5 acres of land is available in Rajiv Gandhi Navodaya Vidyalaya Nanurkheda Dehradun.
- Apart from these, five new Kendriya Vidyalayas will be opened in the state. The Education Department has sent a proposal to the Central Government to open a Kendriya Vidyalaya in Panduvakhal Tehsil Chaukhutia District Almora, Dwarahat District Almora, Kotdwara District Pauri Garhwal, Narendranagar District Tehri Garhwal and Madannegi District Tehri Garhwal of Pratapnagar Assembly Constituency.
Why In News?
On September 24, 2023, State Education Secretary Ravinath Raman said that 189 Atal Utkrisht Schools of the state running in English medium affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will continue to run through this medium as before, but the board of the school will be changed to Uttarakhand Board.
- After the demand of the Government Teachers Association to bring these schools back to the Uttarakhand Board, its proposal is being prepared by the department. There are three different proposals for these schools.
- Under the first proposal, the board of these schools will be changed to the Uttarakhand Board.
- Under the second proposal, the CBSE pattern will be implemented from class 6 instead of class 10 and 12 and thirdly, teachers in these schools will be posted on good salaries from the private sector or others.
- The State Council of Educational Research and Training has been asked to prepare a proposal for this, which will be brought to the cabinet.
Switch to Hindi