Why In News?
On the occasion of two-day Arogya Manthan 2023 at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on September 26, 2023, Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Mansukh Mandaviya presented two awards to Uttar Pradesh under the Ayushman Scheme.
- On behalf of Uttar Pradesh, Partha Sarathi Sen Sharma, Principal Secretary, Department of Medical Health and Family Welfare, and Sangeeta Singh, CEO, State Agency for Comprehensive Health and Integrated Services (SACHIS) received the honour.
- This award has been given to Uttar Pradesh for implementing the Pradhan Mantri Jan-Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) in a better way.
- Uttar Pradesh has received the first Ayushman Award for setting up an inquiry center and starting the green channel payment system, while the second one has been received for generating the maximum number of Abha scans and tokens.
- Through ABHA Scan, i.e., ABHA application, patients simply scan the QR code and get the token number instantly.
- Ashiana's Lok Bandhu Hospital has received the third award in the country under Abha Link in Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission. Dr. Ajay Shankar Tripathi, Medical Superintendent of Lok Bandhu Hospital, received this award.
- The event was organized in the capital Delhi on the completion of five years of PMJAY and two years of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is a transformative initiative launched by the Government of India, which aims to harness the power of digital technologies to enhance the delivery of healthcare services to citizens across the country.
- It is a comprehensive program designed to facilitate universal health coverage and improve the overall health care experience for the people of India.
Switch to Hindi