Why In News?
In the meeting of Uttar Pradesh Para Sports held in Ghaziabad on September 24, 2023, it was decided that Uttar Pradesh Para Sports Association will organize the State Open Para Sports State Championship on December 3 on Divyang Diwas.
- The 'send off ceremony' of the players participating in the Para Asian Games will also be held in Lucknow.
- State Para Sports will be organized in February. Apart from this, state para-athletics or powerlifting championships will also be organized.
- In the meeting, Dr. Sudha Vajpayee of Lucknow was made the chairman of the organizing committee of the programs to be held in Lucknow.
- The election of the new executive of UP Para Sports Association was also held. In this, Kavinder Chaudhary of Ghaziabad has once again been elected president. Dr. Sudha Vajpayee, Secretary of Lucknow Para Sports Association, has been elected Joint Secretary.
Why In News?
On 24 September 2023, the Saraswat Samman ceremony of Lucknow literary organization Sarvajana Hitaya Literary Committee was held at the Press Club, in which 'Vidyavati Smriti Samman' was awarded to Purnima of Lucknow.
- In this program, Dr. Ramendra Pandey of Raebareli was honored with 'Sahitya Nidhi Sammanopadhi'. Under this, an amount of Rs. 2,500, clothing, citation and memento were given.
- Hindi scholar Dr. Arun Trivedi of Sitapur was honored with 'Dr. Ambika Prasad Gupta Samman' worth Rs. 5,000.
- Dr. Rajendra of Raebareli was given the Sahitya Nidhi Samman.
- Dr. Ashok Sharma of Lucknow was honored with 'Krishna Sahay Nigam Smriti Samman' and Bhanudatt Tripathi Madhuresh of Ambedkar Nagar was honored with 'Ram Prasad Dwivedi Smriti Samman'.
- Hardoi's young poet Adarsh Singh Nikhil was given the 'Pandit Ramgulam Shukla Smriti Sahitya Bhavishyat Mangalkamna Alankaran Samman'.
Why In News?
On September 24, 2023, the MotoGP bike race concluded with the final match at Buddh International Circuit (BIC), Greater Noida.
- The MotoGP race was entered by Mooney VR46 Racing Team's Marco Bezzecchi. J. Martin took second and R. Quatro finished third.
- It is known that the MotoGP race was held in BIC from 22 September to 24 September. For the first time in Asia, a motorbike race (MotoGP) was organized on Indian soil. 41 teams, 82 riders (drivers) participated in this competition.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur presented trophies to the top 3 riders in the podium area.
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath honored the race winner Bezzecchi by presenting him a trophy with the map of India.
Switch to Hindi