Why In News?
On September 23, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the International Cricket Stadium in Ganjari, Varanasi district of Uttar Pradesh.
- This is the first stadium being built in Uttar Pradesh by the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
- The International Cricket Stadium in Varanasi will be a step towards realizing the Prime Minister's vision of developing modern world-class sports infrastructure.
- The modern international cricket stadium will be developed at Ganjari, Rajatalab in Varanasi at a cost of approximately Rs 450 crore and will be spread over an area of more than 30 acres.
- The architecture of this stadium is inspired by Lord Shiva, in which the designs of crescent-shaped roof cover, trident-shaped lights, seating arrangement based on ghat stairs and belpatra-shaped metal sheets on the façade have been developed. The capacity of this stadium will be 30,000 spectators.
- On this occasion, 16 Atal Residential Schools of Uttar Pradesh were also inaugurated by the Prime Minister at Rudraksh Convention Center in Banaras.
- The Prime Minister also awarded the winners under 'Kashi Sansad Cultural Mahotsav-2023'.
- This innovative program to honor these cultural workers has taken place for the first time. More than 40,000 artists participated in different programs.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated the portal and QR code for ‘Kashi Sansad Sports Competitions’ to be held from October 15 to November 05, 2023.
Why In News?
On September 22, 2023, the Lucknow Urban Development Department of Uttar Pradesh signed a contract with the Animal Welfare Board of India (AWBI), an organization of the Government of India, to run the Animal Birth Control (ABC) Centre.
- It is known that Uttar Pradesh is one of the few states in the country where the action plan for construction of ABC centers is underway in 17 municipal corporations.
- Through this, the ABC center built in the capital will be completed with the latest technology and made a model for the whole of India.
- Uttar Pradesh is the first state in the country, where such a high-level training center is being established by the state government in collaboration with the Government of India.
- This agreement was signed in the office of the Special Secretary of Urban Development Department located at Bapu Bhawan Secretariat.
Switch to Hindi