Why In News?
On September 21, 2023, President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated the first edition of 'Uttar Pradesh International Trade Show' in the presence of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Greater Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar district.
- Uttar Pradesh International Trade Show is being organized from September 21 to 25, 2023 at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida.
- More than 2,000 manufacturers are displaying their products in this trade show. Products from various categories of entrepreneurs, from established industrial houses to new entrepreneurs, are available here.
- More than 400 buyers from 66 countries from different parts of the world are also participating in this trade show.
- 54 G.I.S of the state Exhibition of products is also being organized in this trade show.
- This trade show will showcase products from all sectors. Exhibitions of various sectors including defence, agriculture, industry, e-commerce, education, infrastructure, banking and financial services, dairy products, handloom, textile products are an important part of this Uttar Pradesh International Trade Show.
- Along with handicrafts based products, young entrepreneurs of the state, especially women entrepreneurs are also showcasing their products.
- The state has made a significant contribution to the economic development of the country in the last 06-07 years. The state's GDP, which was around Rs 13 lakh crore in the year 2016-17, is estimated to be around Rs 22 lakh crore in the year 2022-23.
- Uttar Pradesh ranks first among all the states with more than 96 lakh MSME units.
Switch to Hindi