Why in News
- Recently, in the data of National Family Health Survey-5 released by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the state has made remarkable progress in many areas in comparison to the National Family Health Survey-4 of the year 2015-16.
- According to the report of National Family Health Survey-5, the child sex ratio in Madhya Pradesh has improved to 956 in the year 2020-21, as compared to 927 in the year 2015-16. There has also been an improvement in the overall sex ratio. It was 948 in the year 2015-16 which has increased to 970 now.
- According to the NFHS-5, the rates of all types of malnutrition among children in the age group of 5 years have come down in the state. NFHS-4 in the state has improved more than the national average in Survey-5 as compared to 2015-16.
- Due to the coordinated and effective implementation of departmental schemes in the state, the rate of severe malnutrition has come down by 29.3 percent. The position of Madhya Pradesh has improved by 13 ranks as compared to other states of the country. In this survey, Madhya Pradesh has moved from 30th place to 17th place. While the rate of very severe malnutrition in the country has increased by 2.7 percent, Madhya Pradesh has registered a decline of 29.3 percent.
- The state ranks third in terms of improvement in westing among other states. The country has improved by 8.1 percent, while Madhya Pradesh has improved by 26.4 percent. The state was ranked 32nd in NFHS-4, which has now come down to 24th.
- The state ranks second in the country in improving the underweight category. There has been an improvement of 10.3 percent in the country, while in Madhya Pradesh there has been an improvement of 22.9 percent. The state was ranked 33rd in NFHS-4, now it has come to 31st position.
- Madhya Pradesh ranks sixth among the states with maximum improvement in stunting. There has been an improvement of 7.8 percent in the country, while there has been an improvement of 15 percent in the state. The state was ranked 32nd in NFHS-4, which has now come down to 30th.
- The rate of child marriage has declined by 13.1 percent in the country, while Madhya Pradesh has registered a decline of 28.7 percent.
- Apart from this, the sex ratio at birth has improved by 1.1 percent in the country, while in Madhya Pradesh it has registered an improvement of 3.1 percent.
Switch to Hindi