Why in News?
- On June 23, 2022, 52 sportspersons of Haryana were presented the state's highest sports award 'Bhim Award' at the award function held under the chairmanship of Haryana Governor Bandaru Dattatreya in Panchkula.
- The awards have been given for achievements in the last four years 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21.
- The 52 Bhim Award winners include Tokyo Olympic silver medalist Ravi Dahiya, Tokyo Paralympics gold medalist Sumit Antil, silver medalist Yogesh Kathunia, silver and bronze medalist Sinhraj Adhana and Tokyo Paralympics bronze medalist Archer Harvinder Singh.
- The awardees were given Rs.5 lakh in cash along with a miniature statue of Bhima and a citation.
- Apart from this, the awardees will also be given a monthly honorarium of Rs 5,000 by the Haryana government.
Switch to Hindi